Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Running and rescues.

I went out running this morning.  Read that last sentence again.  I wasn't running from the cops or for my life, I was just running for the sake of exercise.  You know what I found out?  Two things, a) I'm not going to be the freakish "push yourself!" type of runner (not yet anyway, but you gotta start somewhere) and b) my hip is screwed up.  However, I did take pride in the fact that I was out there at a) 7:00am, b) after already loading an elliptical machine into a van, and c) not hungover.  It felt pretty darned good.  I know what your saying, "Nate, you can't exercise and stop drinking beer!  Anheuser-Busch will never survive!"  Don't fear my children.  I'm merely cutting back a little bit.  As I approach my 24th birthday (on August 12th for those of you shopping early), I realized that a few life changes probably have the potential to make me a better, more well-rounded person.  That is my goal.  Good lord, did I just set a goal?
 
OK, did anybody see the video of that car chase over the Fox River bridge (the big one you go over on I-43 on your way to Milwaukee/Chicago) on the news? If not, you can get the video and story through a link, available at greenbaypressgazette.com  I saw it on "Good Morning America" and they interviewed the trooper involved.  It was simply unbelievable.  
 
I invite you all to check back in later tonight.  In conjunction with the development of my plan to bring back "The Pump" shoes (solely [get it? sole-ly? {is this how you are supposed to group stuff inside parentheses?}] to compete with Jamie's "LA Knights" brand), I will be writing a breif synopsis of the "E! True Hollywood Story"  for the front runner to be our spokesperson, former NBA legend Shawn Kemp.  That last sentence had 62 words in it.  Be assured, you do not want to miss this.  Until then...  
 
I'm finished.
 Nate

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Okay Nate, I let it slip the first few times but it's J-A-I-M-E. Learn it, use it, love it.

And there will be no competing with the LA Knights. I will have my own empire. My empire of excess sweat inducing footwear. My empire devoid of all coolness but high on ankle support. My midwest based LA Knights Empire. That's right, a midwest based empire. I will have the first. From the wheat fields of Kansas, to the lakes of Minnesota, to the boring endless nothingness of Ohio, all will bow. "The Pump" does not stand a chance.

PS-I have already sent one of my men to dispose of Shawn Kemp.