Sunday, July 18, 2004

Hia-what-the-hell did I do last night?

Had another outstanding weekend, just in case you were keeping score at home.  Thanks to some well laid plans by my contingent in Marquette, I was able to attended the Hiawatha Music Festivoolae, for next to nothing.  I know what you're saying, "Nate, good lord.  You show your affection for Britney Spears a couple of days ago, now your attending Hippie Fest USA?"  It's not like that.  There was some decent music, some hotties, good eats, drum circle things with girlies dancing around a fire, and lots and lots of drunk ass people.  In all, it was worth the price of admission.
 
Oh, and on top of it, I was pretty hammered my damn self.  I think we crashed out at 3:30am and woke up around 10:00am.  I was OK until I got back to Rapid and got some food in me.  Suddenly, all I wanted to do was sleep.  Jamie had told me of her unfortunate visit from the Regurgitation Fairy this morning, and I was hoping that said Fairy had decided to pass me by.  Thankfully, I survived the day without vomitting and even got some yard work done.  I can puke after just a couple beers, depending on how much I eat.  I might puke after a night of drinking, especially if liquor is involved.  I have never, and hopefully will never, puke the next day.  It's a streak of Cal Ripkin proportions.
 
So, I have been getting to do all this cool stuff while I'm not working.  I look at it like this, I'm like a convict that's waiting to go to prison.  I've got three weeks until my job at Thrivent starts,  I might as well make the most of it, right?  I should do things like go to a Brewers game.  Things like explore Door County. Things like getting crazy on the dance floor to some banjo music.  My motto for the next couple of weeks, "If it feels good, give it a try."  I may even go hiking. (gasp!) What have I become?
 
Well that's all I got.  Pass the bong.
 
Kidding. Duh.
 
I'm finished.
Nate

2 comments:

Jules said...

Wasn't last night FUN?? I'll be posting pics tomorrow so you can see some of the drum circle. I'm way too tired right now to think of even trying to be that productive. Just like Jaime, I was visited by the Regurgitation Fairy. It was worth it though.....You gotta come next year!

Jaime said...

Thank you for sharing my unfortunate "regurgitation" incident. That particular fairy graces me often, as it did this morning. We finally built our beeramid, but on a much smaller scale than originally intended. The kids came and took away our cans yesterday morning. THREE BAGS. Those kids are going to retire early. Paul asked a kid where the money was going and he said "college and charity." So really, all our drinking was for the advancement of education and helping out needy programs. Damn we're good people. Oh yeah, Rick got that other ticket so I have $20 for you next time you venture thisaway.