Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Four more years!

I got to see our 43rd president, George W. Bush tonight! I don't know if anyone went to it in Marquette, or how the thing was set up there, but we got down near the Resch Center for 3:30pm for Bush's arrival at 6:00pm. I'm thinking, "Sweet. Two and a half hours of this plastic seat." So they had some Christian soul singers up there, then 3 Republicans that are vyeing to get beat by Russ Feingold in the state house race, then a good cover band and then...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, a man who uses politics for most of his material: Mr. Dennis Miller!"

What? Holy shit, it is Dennis Miller! So he talked for a while... and was hilarious! "When it comes to the war, Kerry's a chess player. He would analyze all the situations until the clock runs out and we lose our turn. Bush is a checkers player: Sometimes you run into a punk...and you jump him!" Just friggin' awesome! So, I got to see Dennis Miller for free. Then Dennis says...

"I'd like to introduce a man who knows more about the desert than the Iraqis, from Las Vegas, Nevada...Mr. Wayne Newton!"

Wayne Effin' Newton. He was performing 30 feet from where we were sitting! He sang Donkershane (however you spell it) and a few other songs. That was Wayne Newton, folks! These tickets were free!

While GW is on his way down Lombardi St. I said to my cousin Ethen, "They should play Toby Keith's "The Angry American." And as if the presidential DJ was listening to me, it starts blaring over the speakers! I'm all on my feet and singing it, holding a big Green and Gold sign that said, "Bush is MY President!" So, then George W. rolls in (literally. They drove the bus directly into the Resch.) and gave a rousing speach that made me feel good about my safety, the economy, and the strength of this great nation! I played it cool, I'm all like "Woooooohhhhhoooooooo! Four More Years! Four More Years! Wwwwwoooooooooo!" Good Lord! It was awesome.

I just had to get all of that out!

I'm finished.
Nate

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Oh now Nate, I think we have a problem. I so thought we were on the same wave length (both of us being really funny and all :) ) but that whole you being Bush supporter thing makes me think otherwise. I'll allow you this one lapse in judgement but don't let it happen again. =)
And just a little FYI, it's danke schoen. I means thank you very much. It's German. The only German phrase I used correctly in an entire month in Austria, actually. No hablo Germano mucho goodo.