Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Where Values Thrive.

So even though I never changed my profile, as most of you know, I left Thrivent Financial for greener pastures back in September. Long story, short: It didn't work out and I'm back in the desk. It all started with Ashley's casual mention that Thrivent would probably welcome me back. I proceeded to run into two of my supervisors at my fill-in gig selling electronics, with both of them expressing support. It then culminated with a conversation with my former boss, C Dub, who got everything in place. Remarkably, this all took place within the span of about 10 days. I will once again fill my days with talk of required minimum distributions, 1099-R forms, and rights of accumulation. It's good to be back.

I just emptied out the recycling bin at my desk which contained all of the paper items of Julie, the former owner. In the bin was a 800 page Vogue magazine. You read that correctly. A magazine that's the size of a stinkin' dictionary.

I was thinking about the Kanye West song "Gold Digger", or as I call it "The Ballad of the Deadbeat Dad" the other day. When women sing along to that song, do they actually think about the words?

Quite a year for Marcus Vick of Virginia Tech: Runner up for ACC Offensive Player of the Year, coming off suspension for allegedly getting 15 year old girls drunk, having his driver's license suspended, getting ticketed for driving on that suspended license, getting kicked off the team for stomping on an opponent and, to start the new year off right, getting arrested for pointing a gun at people. He could be the first NFL Draft prospect whose potential downside rating from Mel Kiper includes "May kill someone his rookie year."

I saw this pure gold statement on IMDB.com news today: "Jessica Simpson's estranged husband Nick Lachey is narrowing down his search for a new woman..." What does that even mean? Is there an application process for this? Did I miss the "Win a Date with Nick Lachey" buses that came to a city near you? He went on to say that he is looking for "a Jessica Alba look-a-like who has bedded fewer than 10 guys." Reached for comment, Jessica Alba said she is looking for, "Not Nick Lachey."

Big weekend coming up, hockey game and bachelor party for G Money in Marquette.

I'm finished,
Nate

No comments: