Monday, January 31, 2005

Ashlee-ve her alone?

Still in a relative daze after realizing that there was no football this Sunday, I found myself watching the premiere of the Ashlee Simpson show. Suddenly I realized that this episode was going to cover the incident on SNL where her "acid reflux made her lip sync." This is going to be great! It's like they made a bonus DVD of that SNL episode and now we get to watch the behind the scenes featurette! So, for half the episode we have to watch her and her friends hang out and say things such as, "SNL is like so like it's a cultural...like all the great singers go through it, you know."

(And, you know that maybe one out of these three girls even has a clue who Dennis Miller is or that Adam Sandler at one time did show that he has real comedic talent on SNL and they are going to comment on the historical significance?)

Then, it's SNL showtime... uh-oh... she's getting raspy... oh my lord, it's...it's... acid reflux! End of show. NOOOOOOO!!!! I want to see it again, in all of its behind the scenes glory! At least we get to see previews of Wednesday's show and Ashlee says this:

"The day after, I knew it would be a big deal, but it was on like the front page! It's not fair, you can't define someone's career by one moment..."

Excuse me, but have you SEEN the Milli Vanilli episode of Behind the Music AND the True Hollywood Story!?!? Define a career? Milli killed himself because lip syncing ruined his life so badly! I probably shouldn't take as much pleasure in skewering the Simpson kid, but I think in many ways she's the marginal talent that gets the pub when maybe another better singer doesn't. It isn't fair, but that's the way it is. Besides, she did get booed by 65,000 strong at the Orange Bowl for her awful rendition of "Pieces of Prilosec" (you've gotta love that acid reflux humor!) I guess you could say she's suffered enough. Nah, probably not.

I'm finished,
Nate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's okay Nate... only 6 more days until the big game. You can wait it out... I was just catching up on the blog, the rumor didn't make it within Range. Keep yourself out of trouble. Kristiina