Saturday, January 15, 2005

Chillin.

What region of the world do I live in that has temps in the lower to mid 30's on Monday and then -6 on Friday with -25 wind chills? I can now here things like this on the radio: "It's currently 29 deg in Appleton, 30 in Green Bay. For tomorrow highs around 3 above." I think I'm going to have one of those sudden temperature change heart attacks like you are supposed to have when you get out of the sauna and jump in a snow bank.

Not a lot going on this week. I was super busy at Thrivent Monday and Tuesday because people were finally getting their year end statements. Did you know that you can lose money when you invest in mutual funds and stocks? Because a majority of people I talk to seem to be flabbergasted by the concept. I have so many great stories that I can't put in writing, but ask me some time (preferably when I'm intoxicated) and I will tell you all about them.

Unfortunately my time is almost up here at the Appleton Public Library. Sorry for the short post today, I promise to try better! I should actually buck up and buy a computer for home, but I haven't for two reasons:

1) I have access to a computer at work 24/7 (which does have some sites blocked for "productivity" purposes. Whatever.)
2) I don't want to be like, "Wow it's 2:00am already! I should really get off the internet and go to bed...Oooohh! A list of all the movies Val Kilmer has ever been in? I better research each one! What's another hour?"

Yzma: Tell us where the talking llama is and we'll burn your house to the ground.
Kronk: Don't you mean "or"?
Yzma: [sighs] Tell us where the talking llama is *or* we'll burn your house to the ground.
Chaca: Well, which one is it? That seems like a pretty crucial conjunction.
-The Emperor's New Groove (2004)

I'm finished,
Nate

No comments: