Monday, January 17, 2005

Paper champs.

As most of you probably saw over the weekend, the Pats spanked the snot out of the "best offense in history." Peyton Manning (the best quarterback to never win anything of importance ever) looked absolutely lost even though our third best cornerback who was covering a 1000+ yard reciever is a converted WR himself. My favorite story was listening to the pregame when Phil Simms declared that despite the weather, Peyton would be fine because he still "had good control of the ball last year when the weather was bad." Sure he did...even though he threw 4 picks.

I didn't get to watch any of the Golden Globes last night, but it looks like what I've been saying for years still holds true: Cable is where it's at. Get this, THREE of the five nominees for outstanding drama series were from the FX network (The Sheild. Rescue Me, and the winner Nip/Tuck.) I'm not sure why I didn't see if anyone would put money against Teri Hatcher winning a globe for best actress in a comedy which may have been the easiest prognostication for an award since Ricky Williams won the Heisman trophy. In that category she was going against the other two actresses from the show. How would you like to be a lead actress who didn't get nominated in that category when they nominate 3 actresses from the same show? That'd get my knickers in a twist a little bit.

Most dangerous job in the world? CEO of McDonald's. Less than a year after their previous chairman dies (ironically) of a heart attack, their new CEO succumbs to cancer...at 44 years old. You want to poison the youth of America, you gotta pay karma's check. Jared has as of yet not choked to death on a Subway sweet onion teriyaki, but you just know it's coming. I've been sticking to Jimmy John's and Herbs & Gerbs for my sandwich needs lately, but if anyone knows where there is a D&M / Togo's-esque sandwich shop in the A-town area lemme know.

Oh, and where are my manners? Happy MLK Day to all. There is no mail, banks are closed, the stock market is closed, the Federal Reserve is closed, our mutual fund processing agent is closed, nothing can get processed until tomorrow... and we still had to work today. I don't get it.

I'm finished,
Nate

3 comments:

Ash said...

I'd like to give you a virtual high-five for the Patriots victory. HOLLA!!!

Jaime said...

Don't you just love how Ash is all of a sudden a football fan? It's so cute... =)

Jimmy John's is the cooooooooooooolest. Send me some.

Jules said...

Turk is a beatiful kitty kat.