Friday, February 04, 2005

The Crue is back...and they brought The Doctor!

Doesn't it seem that the more we progress on this crazy timeline the more we yearn for days gone by? Last night I purchased Red, White and Crue, the Greatest Hits/New Album of hair band superstars Motley Crue. It is one rad compact disc, let me tell you what. Sometimes we forget what made hair bands great: big guitars, big drums, a minimum of one guitar solo per song, and of course the occasional obligatory ballad for the slow dancin'. Just look at the list: "Girls, Girls, Girls", "Kickstart my Heart", "Home Sweet Home", "Dr. Feelgood", and my personal favorite "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)."

The Crue and Guns and Roses singlehandedly created the rock star persona of the 80's, full of booze, women, inner squabbling and drugs. Lots of drugs. I mean, Nikki Sixx was declared legally dead at one point. When someone claims to "Party like a rock star" think of Nikki Sixx. Now that guy partied like a rock star. All of this brought me back to my elementary school days when times were simpler: no jobs, no bills, no fear of terrorism, etc...

What I want is a new band to emerge and bring the hair band back. Not neccessarily the actual hair, but the music. There were some new songs on the album from the Crue but they are kinda bland except for "If I Die Tomorrow." So, who's with me? Who wants MTV to do a show called "Making the Hair Band?" Who!?!? I know my boy Kurt in the UP is with me. Kurt was talking some noise earlier in the year about hitting up the "Red, White and Crue Tour" when it comes to Milwaukee. With all four original Crue members together, that's going to be hard to pass up.

Was I right about the Super Hype on T.O.? As Rodney Harrison said, "I hope he does play. I hope he's 100%. I don't want any excuses on either side." So at least two doctors have now come out and said that a hit below T.O.'s knee could end his career. Not the kind of odds I like. Can you imagine being the guy that ends Terrell Owens's career? He could be making a legal tackle and still blow up that pieced together lower leg. People would be freaking out the next day: "Bruschi maliciously snaps T.O.'s leg off!" OK, I'm done with the T.O. thing. Patriots by four. T.O. has B.O. Seriously, I'm done now. Go Pats!

I'm finished,
Nate

2 comments:

Ash said...

I hear ya, Nate. I love that new Crue song. My mom was into them way back in the 80's, so I may have to pick up that disc myself.

Jaime said...

I've noticed the absense of comment leaving on my blog and I would just like you to know that just because I'm not living in America it doesn't make me less of a person. Although you'd think it would, all I eat are rice and beans.