Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Gentlemen, start your engines.

Yeee Haw! The Great American Race is back and miraculously, there will be a 2005 edition of the "Nate and Grant Daytona Day." Hopefully making his third appearance at the Great American Party will be Kurt (he's got an ailing great grandma right now, Hoss wishes all the best.) For those that don't remember the legend of last year, I had drank a 12-pack before the race was over... at like two in the afternoon. This year I think the hard drinkin will be reserved for Saturday night and Sunday will have to be a sippin on a brewsky type of day (got that job and all that to go to Monday morning.) The irony is, this is one of the few weekends I look forward to every year... and I probably won't watch another race all season. I mean, I like NASCAR and all but if I watch too much I get the urge to chew tobacco and drop a tranny in a Chevelle. Nobody wins when Redneck Bizarro Nate is on the loose.

The real loser in all of this is my girlfriend, who has now had to endure the MLB playoffs, a whole NFL season, now NASCAR, and it is only a few weeks until NCAA Basketball and Hockey tournaments. The point, as always: I am a horrible boyfriend. She's probably looking online right now for ways to work strychnine into my diet. She was quoted the other day saying that she was happy that the NHL season is going to be cancelled. Doesn't that sounds like a person with no soul? And yes, she does read this page. I'm so dead.

ALERT! My last mention of football until draft season! (Which starts in about 2 weeks.) I guess it is a fact: Everybody dislikes the Patriots. They are the new Dallas Cowboys, except for the scandals with the drugs and the prostitutes. People have this overwhelming disdain for teams that win consistently. Dallas, San Fransisco, the Lakers, Red Wings, the Vikings... wait, strike that last one. In response to Jaime's plea for me to pull for the Vikings...um, not a chance. Three reasons: a) ugly colors 2) Dante Culpepper bores me d) ugly colors. If the Patriots had a press conference tomorrow stating, "We officially change our colors to violet and gold!" I think I'd be on WDUZ 107.5 with Bill, Kurt and The Rookie callin in about "With the same Packer team as last year and a new coaching staff...WE'LL go 13-3 next year... maybe 14-2. It could happen!" OK. That wouldn't happen, I could never be a Packer fan. Or could I?

One great quote from the post Super Bowl stuff:
Talking about the comparison between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning:
"Tom Brady played three playoff games against teams with a combined 45-8 record... and finished with five TD passes and zero interceptions. According to my math, he's also 9-0 in playoff games, although he has never thrown for 49 touchdowns in a regular season. So there's still some work left." -Bill Simmons

Also, Valentine's Day went well. I got probably the single best present (birthday, Christmas or otherwise) I got a new Playstation 2! A small, thin little half a pound of PS2 goodness! All my games work! It rules. Gotta go.

RANDOM TV QUOTE!
Michael Bluth: "Tobias, I want you to get a tape recorder and record your conversations throughout the day. You'd be surprised at some of the phrases you use."
- Arrested Development

I'm finished,
Nate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a soul. I ROOTED for the Red Sox, I prayed for the Patriots; what more can a boy ask for??

By the way, does ANYONE know where I can find some strychnine? I've looked everywhere...

Jaime said...

Purple isn't ugly. Yer dumb.