Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Goodbye, Mr. Duck.

Sometimes when you think you may have made a little bit of a mistake in your life (i.e. career choice) and you may have to do things you don't want to (i.e. cold call people, drum up leads for managers to get the comissions on), a ray of sunshine appears. After nearly a week actually with the company, I have fled AFLAC insurance for greener pastures. The duck is gonna be pissed. And get this, I go to Chicago one week from Sunday for a training seminar...at a freakin' five star hotel...for 12 days...all expenses paid...meals paid for...IT HAS A FREAKIN' POOL! So that was my day. I am Nate's inner sunshine.

Hoestly, I can't wait to get back to the UP this weekend. There's something about not seeing people with green and gold cars with big Packer logos on the side of them that makes me happy. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Packers or their fans (at least now I don't, since I fear the Brown Co. mafia), it's just a little overwhelming...and it's still June. As my new boss said today, we don't try to sell insurance on Sundays, holidays, or when the Packers play Monday night.

Well, I'm going to Legends to squeeze in a couple of games worth o' trivia on NTN like they have at Shamrock. Since I've been down here, I have made 3 seperate parties get up and leave (as in hand in their game piece in disgust) after I start whoopin they asses. Not kidding. This one guy at Legends on Saturday was bragging about how easily he won the game before I walked in. Me, being the non-competitive type, I merely said to myself, "Oh, it's on like Donky Kong, bee-hatch!" Half hour later, he's like "Let's get out of here, this sucks!" That's what I thought! "Oh, excuse me. Sir? I believe you dropped your lipstick over there, SALLY!" Oh mi, oh my, that got the juices flowin! Bring it on, you little amateur trivia mark ass punks! Daddy's got a whole giant Santa sack of "I just whooped your ass" and I think it's about Chanukah time! We bout to put it down Sham to the MF'n Rizzock style!!!!

That kinda got away from me there at the end.

I'm finished.
Nate

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

---Julie----
Call my cell when you are in Chicago, maybe we could do dinner or something one night!!! I am not too far away, and I am in town for sure two nights a week...what hotel are you staying at???

Hoss said...

Jules,
Hopefully we can discuss this this weekend over a cold beverage and a fireworks show.

Nate

Jaime said...

Wow. You're out of control.

Have fun in Chicago and good luck!

Ash said...

Oh my Goodness! Non-competitive, my ass! That was the most awesome thing I've read in a while. Seriously, call the Daily Comet or whatever the fuck you people read and get yourself an article. It'll be way cooler than selling insurance, this I promise you.

Anonymous said...

Nate Dogg! It's me, Jenn L. BJ forwarded your site to a few peoples! I love it! I always knew you rocked. Lemme see the gun show, baby! It sure has been blah, blah, blah without you on da phones. Take care of yourself and if you care to drop me a line...stylinjenn@yahoo.com. ps I never cared much for ducks anyways. :0) Later!