Tuesday, June 22, 2004

At The Buzzer.

It was officially "Really Freakin Bad Movie Night" last night on the pay channels (of which my parents get all of them, even though they watch HGTV, the Tigers, and one of the 5-10 Law & Orders that are on.) At one time Gigli, some crap VanDamme movie, and Steel (starring Shaquille O'Neal in one of his poorer roles. Think about that for a sec.) were all on. So Brooke's over, and she wants to watch the last 45 minutes of Gigli, to see if it's as bad as advertised. Holy crap. The dialogue was laughable at best. Jennifer Lopez, who should have killed whoever got her signed on to this steaming pile, at one point refers to oral sex as "turkey time" and "heterolingis" (coming from a man.) You've gotta be shitting me! I shouldn't have suprised me that Al Pacino, who's been mailing it in since approximately "Carlito's Way" or "Scent of a Woman", was tacked in at the end of this junk heap too, but it did disturb me. This guy was Tony Montana! Grrr.

Speaking of J-Lo (because nobody does these days), apparently she is not marrying Ben Affleck, and get this, is getting married to/already married to Marc Anthony and may be pregnant with his child. If only there were magazines/ internet sites/ cable channels that would keep you up to date on this stuff! Another broad that can't keep away from that aisle is apparently Britney Spears, she's supposedly engaged to some guy that is expecting his second kid with an actress from the show Moesha. What!?!? Somewhere, Justin Timberlake has gotta be sitting around going "See, told you she was f*cked in the head." Is Pamela Anderson giving marriage advice these days? But the most shocking marriage announcement of the week was that of Alanis Morrisette, who is engaged to actor Ryan Reynolds (of my favorite college flick "Van Wilder" fame.) I thought for sure I would see someday the headline "Morrisette Petitions Canadian Gov't To Allow Her To Marry The Moon". Oh well, there's always Bjork.

Well, this got a little long. I am still reeling from an agonizing driveway basketball defeat at the hands of the T-Puppy, on a Kobe-esque 3 pointer to give her the 22-20 come from behind victory. Ah well. Back to the Nine Two Zero tomorrow. Have a good night all.

I'm finished.
Nate

1 comment:

Ash said...

WHAAAAAT??? Hang on. Ryan Reynolds is engaged to fucking ALANIS MORRISETTE??? But I LOVE that guy! I've loved him since Two Guys, a Girl, and a fricking Pizza Place!! Why do I feel like I can't allow this? Not like I can do anything about this, but I hate that crazy bitch. She's not even cute. GROSS!