Monday, December 05, 2005

If Johnny Wants An X-Box, Then, Damn It...

I watched a little football this weekend (like I always do) and I saw a team that only gained 188 total yards on offense, never scored a touchdown, and had a quarterback that was 6 for 17 for 68 yards. That team beat the Packers on Sunday. Admittedly, the Bears were helped by Brett Favre's four turnovers. I am not a Packer fan, but I'm just saying that it might just be time to give Aaron Rodgers some looks. The only bright side for the green and gold is that every mistake Favre makes brings them one step closer to getting Reggie Bush in the draft. Oh, and if you're Viking fan right now, what do you do with Daunte Culpepper next season? You're team is undefeated since Daunte shred his knee up, tearing his ACL, MCL, PCL, ACLU, UPS and BFF in the process. Just something to think about.

A few other notes from the weekend:

The Wisconsin Badger hockey team is good. We watched some of the demoralization of a good University of Minnesota team on Saturday down at The Fish House, and it was like two different levels of talent. The Wolverines are going to have their hands full if they end up in a regional pairing together. Northern does get a shot at the Badgers this year in a holiday tournament, a matchup that harkens back to the days of conference matchups when NMU was still in the WCHA. Northern is going to have to put together a really good night to compete with these Badgers.

My front passenger side tire on the Gutlass blew out on Friday night. There are few things as uncomfortable as changing a tire while wearing breathable cotton dress pants in 10 degree weather. Brr.

I'd like to throw out a big "you're welcome" to Carrie. Even though I'm not entirely sure what word verification is, I'm very proud to not have it, as Carrie has informed me that it is desirable to not have word verification. Hopefully others can learn from my example and we can some day completely eradicate word verification worldwide. Through education and possibly a concert by Bono we can make this dream a reality.

So, I skipped Desperate Housewives last week to go to the movies. My, what a difference a week makes. The serial killing pharmacist is dead, Carlos is out of jail, Zach came back to his father who isn't really his father because Mike Delfino is actually his father, etc... Next thing you know, Felicity Huffman will be getting more attention than Eva Longoria! Nah, I think that's probably a little too much to ask for. The woman won an Emmy, people! In a related note, Grey's Anatomy, the show immediately after Housewives, is really good.

Is there anyone besides me who remembers how to drive in the winter from season to season? Slow it down and allow more time for braking. Rinse. Repeat. It's like we get the first snowfall and people freak out. "What is this stuff?!?! Why is my car not stopping?!?! Maybe I should speed up to get better traction!!!! Aaahhhhhhhh!!!!" It think everyone else on the road reached into one giant Cracker Jack box for a license.

Finally, good show by Microsoft to get those X-Box 360 consoles out in time for Christmas. I hope that the middle class suburban kids who's parents paid $1200 to get one of those suckers on eBay enjoy the design flaw that causes the machine to overheat and freeze up. Merry Christmas to all!

I'm finished,
Nate

No comments: