Monday, December 06, 2004

No particular reason for this post.

Well, we made it through the week previous and all the anger and madness that came with it. Last week was particularily rank due to the increased number of calls we recieved regarding our small account fees that investors did not in fact take lightly. That should be the last big call generating event of the year until the bustling and almost dreaded tax season starts.

The weekend was a good one, with Friday night being spent playing a heated game of Monopoly between Ashley and I. I found out that apparently I take winning at board games a scoach too seriously, but come on, how would you feel if you owned the entire side of the board that included Park Place, Boardwalk, and all three green properties with multiple houses for most of the game and still lose? Not very pleasant.

Saturday was pretty lazy with the exception of a trip to the seventh circle of hell or as most people call it, "Old Navy on a Saturday before Christmas." I watched as they had an associate from Old Navy on a stepladder doing scavenger hunts with customers in line. "Hey first one to show me a picture of their pet wins a prize!" So that begs the question: Why is she not on a register checking people out, and for that matter, why don't they have more registers? I'll do my X-mas shopping during the week, thanks.

We then had our the Thrivent Christmas party Saturday night. It was a pretty good time, but both Ashley and I "punked out" early, much to some of our cohort's chagrine. Have I really become that guy? The one who is like, "I gotta go home, guys. It's getting late." Anyone that knows me from my legendary drinking days at Northern Michigan, knows that I preferred to be like Eddie Murphy and party all the time. Now I feel like my buddies in college who were foolishly wasting their time "sleeping" and "graduating in a respectable time frame." Wait a minute... those are good things!

We also got a hockey sweep this weekend, putting the Kitties from Marquette City in third place in the CCHA. I knew they would be good this year, but to be playing at this level is extrordinary. The Cats end up on the road until next year and I can't wait to go to the next game with Mojo and the crew. I also have to get that picture of Jaime in the Puckhead construction gear framed and put up somewhere in Flanigan's as a permanent tribute to Puckheads and they ladies. You're one step from being a legend, kid!

I'm finished,
Nate.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! THAT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!