Friday, December 10, 2004

Let it snow, let it snow...no, seriously some snow...please.

Pop quiz, hotshot: Which area of the world has its rainy season in December?

A)Northwest Territories, CN
B)Siberia
C)Australia
D)Fox Valley, WI

I'll give you a moment to think it over.

OK. The correct answer is apparently the Fox Valley and more specifically, the Appleton area. It was raining steady this morning...steady...on December 10. Hopefully I'll see some real actual snow in the U.P. this weekend but I don't really know what the weather has been like up there. It definately is craptastic down here.

Tis the season to do my holiday shopping tonight. Tommy needs a new skateboard so he can go out and be a hooligan like that gosh darned Bam Margera character. Becky needs a dolly so that she can have unrealistic expectations of the female form that will scar her self esteem for life. Stevie wants a train set so that he can experience the shallow and empty life of the model railroader. OK, none of those people actually exist, but I do have to go shopping for Ashley, Ma and Pa Holtslander, and the T-Puppy. That's it. That's my whole Christmas list. I heard on the radio last week that you should never give your boss a Christmas present. Nobody told us that last year at Range when I think I pitched in on presents for anybody that had an office with a door on it. The Range owners were so appreciative that this year they cut back and laid off about half the people that work there some with less than a week's notice. Eek. Although I will never forget the Christmas bonus from last year. Very top shelf. Plus I can't really talk bad about a company that 12 short months ago awarded me Operator of the Year (an honor that still puts a smile on my face even today :-).

I would also like to take a moment to recognize the hard working men and women of the Cheese Hut gas station for allowing me to inadvertantly clean out the meager $15 that existed in my checking account on Wednesday. They really went the extra mile to not only a) Not accept my card at the pump, but also to b) Commence fueling while I obeyed the order to "See attendant." Now I've got a $25 gas bill and $20 to pay it and I have to be to work in five minutes. Your tireless efforts to complicate my life will not go unnoticed... as I am filling up at the Express Station.

Just a brutal work day today. I've gotta go home.

I'm finished,
Nate

3 comments:

Jaime said...

It's a good thing you're not working at Range anymore. I'm sure they wouldn't have overlooked the Days of Thunder incident when deciding who to lay off. You bad ass you.

And quit feeling bad about the snow. Already this year I have been in the ditch twice (I was only driving once) slid sideways down a highway 3 times and whipped at least 8 accidental shitties. And honest ma, I wasn't going too fast!

Ash said...

You better call me when you come up here this weekend, Whore, unlike our former roommate who opted not to.
Oh yeah, snow is overrated. If you miss it so much, you are welcome to shovel my driveway.

Anonymous said...

Range Rocks !.... Their holiday genorosity (spelling ?)
alone, is top shelf.

But, (let me wipe my tear)... it is *NOT* the same without you & Ben !!!! We miss you both.

PS: Doug Melson (Melson F.H.) sent ALL operators a $50 check saying "Merry Christmas" :) .. the job has great "perks". Beej