Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Call me pretentious.

I hope everyone had themselves a holly jolly one this year and will have a happy new year coming up. I got to have a good time at home with family and friends (except for Jaime, because I couldn't find Marinesco on a map, apparently.) The best part? I'm still eating leftovers.

Puttin in some extra hours this week to pay off some of the holiday fun. This full time, real world job for all its perks, sure takes a lot of work. Hmmm. Maybe I need to start looking for that newspaper column job. Something I can do when I get around to it at three in the morning. Plus, then I could tell everyone how I got a $20,000+ degree in Economic theory and I write stories...with horrendous punctuation.

This is also the first year in a long time that I don't have any solid plans for New Year's. In years past I have planned parties for New Year's like an architect lays out the plans for a building. I've mastered the art of beer aquisition in the same way a fisherman masters bait.

(The one year stands out, when Eazy-E and I hit up every buyer we knew for booze and our tally between the "I need a six of Bass Ale" and the "Might as well get a half gallon of whiskey!" ended up being over 100.00d. For one night. Only ever topped by "Everyone in Marquette drinks on Nate's tab night" which took place this past St. Patty's day.)

By the way, when has the phrase, "...get a half gallon of whiskey" ever turned out good? For me it's usually followed by incoherency and stories about when I was in the CIA. This year I'm going to play it by ear, maybe stay up until midnight and be a designated driver for any of my friends that prefer to partake in some holiday spirits. Yeah, sure I won't.

Oh, and I want everyone who reads this to post something on this message. Now that Jaime is leaving for Costa Rica, I need to evaluate my readers. You don't have to sign up, just leave an anonymous message with your name.

I'm finished,
Nate

4 comments:

Jules said...

I don't like being evaluated. Does it hurt?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I posted. : ) I read your blog. All the time.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Ash. I broke my computer. I'll continue to read your blog once I get it fixed. LATE.

Jaime said...

Hey, I'll still be able to read your blog in Costa Rica. They do have the internet down there. I think it's monkey operated.

Perhaps the reason you couldn't find "Marinesco" on a map is because it's Marenisco. =) Don't forget to miss me Nate!!!!!!!!