Monday, November 15, 2004

On Rapid River...

I recieved a pleasant surprise this last week as my buddy Corey from high school left me a message on one of my previous postings. It made me whistful for the days back at old RRHS when we was just little punks. It brought back the good times when we would go to football games in the Dome, using Dick LaChapelle's computer to download all kinds of copywrited content over that blazing 13.3 k/ps dial up line, or when we won that track championship...wait, I wasn't in track. Nevermind on that last one. Gotta say that those deinately were the days.

Ponder this when you get a chance today: Do you remember when we didn't live in an on demand world? In 1988 if you told your phone company, "Hey, I'd like you to just pay my bill out of my checking account and next time, I'd like to do it on my computer...in my pajamas. And I'd like that to be free."

Silence.

"Riiiiggghhhtt, and you can certainly get home in your flying car. Goodbye, freak!"

I'm finished,
Nate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there-

It's Samantha...Johnson that is. Remember me?? Anyway, I was reading Corey's site, which referenced yours..and here I am! Sounds like things are going well for you! I'm still at GVSU, student teaching next semester! Take Care and hope all is well!