Tuesday, November 16, 2004

From dusk til dawn.

Well cheery news from this here burg they call Appleton: The body of a 20 year old woman was found in the trunk of a car in the Copp's Foods parking lot in Neenah. Tragic and scary at the same time. But hey, Neenah's a scary town, in fact I believe Neenah is an Ojibwa word meaning "Ishpeming." The good new is they arrested a guy who confessed to strangling her in his apartment. This was apparently after she had expressed a crush on the suspect that went unreciprocated. He was, however using her as his own personal taxi and for "other things." My point of course is: Women are idiots sometimes. For every good hearted independent woman who buys her own clothes and pays her own rent there's always at least two girls who get hung up on some drainpipe of society that disregards them no matter how unworthy they may be of said affection.

In other news, I am now officially in the middle of 10 hour work days. There's something about getting up in the morning when the sun is barely out yet and driving home in the pitch dark. Also because of our lovely time zone here in Wisconsin, it is completely dark by about 5pm. I feel very nocturnal. The advantage of course is that I only work four days a week. The downside is that my day off is Thursday, just a wee little break before 10 hours on Friday. Well, my shift is almost complete and I need to start packing up my cares and woes (and get a tape ready for Scrubs. I'm not kidding, watch that show tonight. Grrr.)

I'm finished,
Nate

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I can't say that I'm a big fan of your broad generalizations on women. In fact, I want to hit you right now.

Oh yeah, check your nmu email, I sent you some pictures.

Ash said...

Neenah is the Ojibwa word meaning Ishpeming.

I laughed for seriously 5 minutes straight.

Oh yeah, take that whole thing about women back, Fool.