Saturday, August 21, 2004

Green and bold.

I've run out of ambition to finish ranting about the Packers, so I'll wrap it up quick.

3)Mike Sherman- Seventy eight feet. That's how far the Philadelphia Eagles had to travel to get a game saving first down against the Packers last year. Twenty six yards on fourth down. I'm not sure what the play would be that Mike Sherman could have called, but I would guess that it is akin to the Drop Cover Zone on Madden 2005. He is a coach/GM, and not a very good coach. But...

He's even a worse GM. He is the guy that brought in Joe Johnson, Cletidus Hunt, Jamal Reynolds (10th overall), and BJ Sander (a punter in the 3rd round?) Also, I'm not sure this was on Sherman, but: Bubba Franks. Think about it. He was picked 14th overall, and has been a decent tight end. Do you really take him at 14? Is that wise?

4)Mike McKenzie- Simply ridiculous. I hope he holds out the entire season and stays in Memphis, so I don't even have to be in the same city. Simply ludicrous contract demands.

5)The colors- Green and gold together are just brutal.

6)The fans- Right up there with Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, Knicks and Red Wing fans in terms of believing that not only do they think they have a good football team, but that their cause is just and righteous.

7)Traffic- The stadium really is in a pretty stupid spot. This is more on the city than the team. I hated leaving work in Appleton on Monday and barely being able to get on the freeway because of heavy traffic... 30 miles away.

Well, I guess that's about it. I suppose you could also make some or all of these claims against my beloved Patriots. Go ahead, do it and I wheel br-ache you. (Hehe. "Rocky IV".)

Random Movie Quote!!!

{To Ethan Suplee's character whe he is staring at the Eye-magic display.)

Jay : What you need is a fatty-boom-batty blunt, and I guarantee you'll be seeing a sailboat, an ocean, and maybe even some of those big-titted mermaids doing that lesbian shit.

-"Mallrats" (1995)

I'm finished.
Nate

4 comments:

Ash said...

"Wow, a schooner!"
"Ha ha ha ha ha, you Dumb Bastard. It's not a schooner, it's a sailboat."
"A schooner IS a sailboat, Stupidhead!"
"YOU KNOW WHAT?!?! THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY!!! OVER THERE, THAT'S JUST A GUY IN A SUIT!!"

Hoss said...

Brody: "The only way he could bang regular chicks would be with a Kryptonite condom, but then he would die."

Ash said...

"That kid.....that kid is BACK on the ESCALATOR AGAIN!!!"

Dusty said...

First off... love the Mallrats quotes. Well, I guess I have to respond seeing that I would fall into the diehard Packer fan base. You do bring up some very valid points. I haven't been the happiest in the drafts overseen by Mike Sherman, I like Walker and Barnett though. Jamal Reynolds was definately a bust and there's still much time left to be seen what will happen with Carroll. Hindsight is 20/20 with Joe Johnson. He was a player that could have been on the verge of great seasons but it ended up in injury, I wouldn't call that a bad transaction based upon that. It could have went either way. Cletidus and Kabeer were just given too much money for mediocre players but I guess he felt they were the best options for the team. And BJ Sander... Yeah that was just stupid.

As for expectations, I don't see too high of expectations for the team. They do have the NFC's leading rusher from last year and the NFL's leader in TD passes so most would assume that they would be a contender. And of course Favre is gonna talk about going to the Super Bowl. I wouldn't want a QB that doesn't think we're going to the Super Bowl. It's every teams goal and every teams aspirations are for the Super Bowl.

If you listen to radio show hosts they're always gonna over analyze things. The fans that call into those shows do too. Fans look for things to complain about in every sport, especially if your team has been successful recently. If someone actually said that about Carroll holding out, well, I suppose those 2 days of camp where only rookies and free agents reported would make you able to cover any guy in the league huh? I remember the days before they won a Super Bowl and hearing people say, because Favre threw a few INTs in a game that they were gonna have to start looking for a new QB. People just look for these things to pick out, and it's going to happen no matter what team it is. I'm sure there's people in Boston saying that the Patriots are gonna be weak cause their 3rd round pick blew a play in preseason too. By the way, how long have you been a Pats fan? Hopefully your not just a fairweather fan.

Of course every year, as a fan, I'm gonna say the Packers are gonna win it all. Even with Don Majkowski at the helm I was saying that. It's just my nature as a fan of the team. You have agree that the Packers have good fans though, they stick behind their team no matter what. Lambeau is sold out every week, every year, and there's probably a 30 year wait for season tickets. Of course they're gonna be annoying to other fans but what fun would it be if nobody bragged up their own team?