Friday, October 01, 2004

Makin' busy.

I know I probably talk about work a little too much but, like Whitesnake, here I go again. My job today from 8am – 9:30am was to “make myself look busy.” That was a direct order from my supervisor who was sitting within sight distance of me as I read articles about the Red Sox for the first hour and a half. I was thinking back to all my previous employers and can’t think of one time I was told to “look busy.” Like at the gas station they would say things like, “We’re not paying you to just stand there. Go clean something.” Um, actually the definition of the job cashier is, in fact, just to stand there. There’s a register and I push buttons, that is all your $5.75/hr is getting out of me, bucko. The moral of the story is as always, I love my job. On a sad note, we lost a soldier yesterday to the Series 6 as one of my fellow CSP’s didn’t pass the test for the second time and decided it was just too much for her. We miss her already.

I almost forgot to comment on last weekend which was, um, good and bad I guess. I did get to see two good friends get married in a ceremony that I believe should be the blueprint for all weddings. Some girl did have it in for me by breaking her leg at the volleyball game and making Ashly late to the reception. She was a great sport though when she finally got there. Kudos to her (even though apparently those who are late do not get fed…or clean forks for that matter. Those wenches in the kitchen at the Masonic Center can go… forget it, it’s too nasty to say.) I got to see a lot of folks that I wanted to see some I didn’t get a chance too, and some that I saw, but didn’t necessarily want or need to see. All in all, it was a good, bad, happy, sad, and overall drunk weekend. The best kinds usually.

Well, my “busy” time is up. Later.

Random Movie Quote!

Joel : Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating.

-"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (2004)

I'm finished,
Nate

1 comment:

Ash said...

The wedding was nice....except for the whole we-ain't-throwin'-the-bouquet part. and yeah, no food either. I was hungry. But the free dozen roses was a total ray of sunshine.