Monday, November 21, 2005

The Real Season

So, I've neglected talking about this since the beginning of the season, but it is now time. For the first year since the late 90's, I am enjoying fantasy football. The Appleton Smoke is currently 6-3 and will improve to 7-3, unless Ryan Longwell of the Packers scores 16 points tonight against the Vikings. There is even an outside possibility that I could move back into a first place tie with my Uncle Matt if he loses his game. Not bad for a couple of guys that were matching each other beer for beer during the draft up at his house. Because I have beaten Matt already this year and I lead the league with 607 points that would give me the tiebreakers. There are currently an astonishing 5 out of 10 teams in my league that are 5-5, so this is no time for my team to get lazy. Just a few more points for me to commit to record for future reference:

  • You want to have Marc Bulger on your fantasy team. You just know he's throwing for two touches every game. Of course, now he might be hurt again. Boo, to that.

  • The Patriots I had on my team have been pretty mediocre. Corey Dillon is barely playing and Deion Branch catches a touchdown like every three weeks.

  • My worst draft pick this year: Drew Bennett, WR, TEN - 32 receptions, 400 some yards and one touchdown. The runner up: Cedric Benson, RB, CHI - Didn't do much with the approximately 10 times he touched the rock this year.

  • I had the unexpected good draft strategy to take Marc Bulger and Jake Plummer with back to back picks even though they had the same bye week. Luckily for me, Daunte Culpepper shredded his knee the week before Marc and Jake's bye and I was able to pick up and start Brad Johnson.

  • Drafting a team full of Packers or Lions has never ever worked in a fantasy league. That being said, there is always one guy in our league that tries it every year. Thanks for the entry fee, Uncle Keary.


I'm finished,
Nate

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I'm calling you back tomorrow, I promise.