Thursday, July 07, 2005

Party All The Time

I got to see first hand how the other side of the "college apartment party" lived last night for the first time. Our neighbors, whose balcony is to the upper left of ours, had their typical Tuesday night get together with the typical crew of two or three 19 year old girls (who spend most of the time on the balcony bragging about their various degrees of promiscuity.) Well, last night some folks from the complex across the parking lot decided to join in the festivities. They decided that actually going in to the apartment was not in the plans and that shouting back and forth to people on a third floor balcony was a much more acceptable practice. Besides, that's the only way they could play hacky sack in the parking lot. Meanwhile, our 19 year old ladies have gotten the 3 beers in them that turn them into loud ass giggling machines and let me tell you, on this night, everything is funny. This is all in combination with the occasional bottle rocket that gets shot of to signify the little known Fifth of July. Eventually though, I was able to drift off to Dreamland and start catching some needed Z's. Later in the night I get up for a bathroom break and the kids are still going at it... at 5:30am! I sigh, and then realize that was me three years ago. Ah, the memories (or lack there of.)

So, did I get all angry at the hooligans hacky sackers and party girls for being loud at all hours of the morning? Nah. We're moving to our new apartment in about a week, anyways.

I'm finished,
Nate

No comments: