Tuesday, August 16, 2005

NJH25

I joined a couple of clubs over the weekend. On Friday, Aug. 12 I turned the ripe old age of twenty five, which is required to join the Quarter Century Club as well as the lesser known Creepy Old Guy Club. Creepy Old Guy is a term that I started using back in my Marquette days, referring to the older guy at the bar or the party that is still trying to be cool, and not neccessarily suceeding. I have to realize that I am now halfway to fifty and am "not cool" anymore. I guess I can deal with that.

I took some time to review my life this weekend and the things that I have got a chance to do and made a list of those things that stood out (good and bad.)

  • Learned to walk.
  • Learned to read.
  • Saw Mt. Rushmore and Old Faithful in the same week.
  • Won a spelling bee.
  • Broke a bone (ankle.)
  • Played a varsity sport (football.)
  • "Starred" in a half hour television program (yes it was Public TV, it was a high school quiz show and I was on 3 or 4 episodes, but still.)
  • Designed my own web site.
  • Dropped out of college.
  • Graduated from college.
  • Worked as a janitor...twice.
  • Worked for a Fortune 500 company.
  • Saw a game at Lambeau Field.
  • Visited a foriegn country besides Canada.
  • Studied two foreign languages (mastered neither.)
  • Went to a frat party.
  • Saw the Avalanche and Patriots win championships within one year of each other.
  • Had some girlfriends.
  • Broke up with some girlfriends.
  • Saw the World Series Champion Boston Red Sox.
  • Changed the oil in a vehicle.
  • Drove a tractor.
  • Swam in the moonlight.
  • Swam in the moonlight without clothes on.
  • Swam in the Pacific Ocean.
  • Swam in the Gulf of Mexico.
  • Saw the light.
  • Was baptised.
  • Used a chainsaw...once.
  • Saw every Star Wars movie in the theater (obviously not when they first came out.)
  • Cried a little.
  • Lied just a little.
  • Stopped and smelled the roses.


Not bad for a quarter century's work.

I'm finished,
Nate

1 comment:

Ash said...

That's quite the list, Nate.