Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Shark attacks and the people confused by them.

Happy holy week to all. For most people it means you're geeked about having Good Friday off. Because I already have Friday off normally, this week is a little shorter, as I was compensated by getting to come in two hours later every day this week. Not bad as I have been fighting an upstart Nate Virus since last week. It has yet to turn the corner into a full fledged debilitator and hopefully it will not. I even called in sick on Tuesday as a preemptive strike.

So, I've seen a commercial for this "Spring Break: Shark Attack!" movie that CBS is putting out. It's kind of like Jaws with more of the O.C. and less believability. I thought that we were getting away from such things as cheesy shark attack movies and that we held our entertainment today to a higher standard of factual accuracy. I guess a walk down any Blockbuster movie will yield its share of cheesy straight-to-video movies ("Skulls III" anyone?), but I thought for mainstream media, shark attack movies were a little too laughable. I hoping that next summer Fox does a made-for-TV tie in with Austin Powers called "Attack of the Sharks With Friggin' Laser Beams on Their Heads." Maybe we could go "Jaws 6: Son of Jaws."

Oh, and I've gotta share a movie quote from a campy, funny movie I saw this weekend.

RANDOM MOVIE QUOTE!!
Senator Abercrombie's Wife: "I just don't know why every time a rich white man is against immigrants he's labled a racist."
- "A Day Without A Mexican" (2004)

I'm finished,
Nate

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Did you know that you're more likely to get killed by a coconut falling on your head than by a shark attack? But I guess you're not in danger of either. =)